Museum Group Visits
1-1.5 hour self-guided group visits may be booked during the Police Museum’s public hours:
September to June | Fridays and Saturdays, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
June to August | Tuesdays to Saturdays, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Please book your visit at least three days prior to your intended visiting date.
Please ensure your group meets the below requests:
- Group size: Less than 20 individuals (does not include supervisors).
- Age of Participants: All members must be 7+ (we are not able to accommodate groups that include younger children).
- Supervision: 1 adult supervisor for every 5 participants. Please remain in small (5-10 people), adult-supervised groups while in the museum.
- Noise level: Please keep to a minimum as sounds travels easily, with special attention to areas close to where presentations are occurring.
- Accommodating Your Visit: YouthLink strives to be accessible to all community members, however, we do have capacity restrictions and mandated education programs, which may limit large group visits during certain periods.
Accessibility and Special Needs Information
For groups with accessibility and special needs we have a few additional notes and guidelines to be aware of:
- Accessibility: Our centre is wheel chair and walker accessible.
- Ratios: For groups with higher need we recommend a minimum of 1:1 ratio of client to aid worker, and when possible a preferred ratio of 1:2 client to aid workers.
- Stimulus triggers: These include; moving spotlights, black lights, flashing lights (on the police car), loud noises, large groups of people, images of blood, and some enclosed spaces. Please consider these triggers and how they may affect members of your group.
- Quiet spaces: When available, we may be able to accommodate access to one of the museum’s crime labs. If this is a requirement for your group, please ensure you specify this request upon booking your group’s visit.
- Walk-through requests: Prior to your visit, our team is happy to show any staff members the museum and each of our Safe for Life Zones. We are also happy to answer any questions and concerns you may have regarding your group’s visit. Please request a walk-through appointment upon booking your group’s visit.