Free Virtual Presentations
Request a virtual presentation for your group or community by filling out the application form below.
Are you and your family cyber safe?
The internet and social media has become an amazing tool for connecting and educating, but with limited regulation, there is potential for privacy issues, bullying and criminal activity.
YouthLink Calgary is providing parents and guardians with the tools to keep your family safe online.
About this presentation
Aimed to help adults understand the potential dangers youth face when online or using smart devices. You may even learn how to better protect yourself when connecting to public networks or sharing personal information on the internet.
Through this program, we are not providing parents with information to catch their children doing something wrong, but to keep them safe from possible risk and online predators.
These presentations are a collaborative initiative with our partner: the Calgary Police Youth Foundation, who support us in providing educational opportunities to keep our kids and community safe.
- Social media can be a great place to connect with friends and family from all over the world. While these platforms can be used for positive relationships, bullying, online predators, and FOMO (fear of missing out) can all have an affect on young people’s mental health.
- Did you know public WIFI networks can be an online hacker’s paradise? We share tips and tricks for keeping you and your family safe while browsing the internet or using a smart device.
- We have insider intel from the Calgary Police Service Cyber Crimes Unit. We share top cases from the unit and how to prevent yourself from becoming a victim.
For adults and youth 12 years and older. Designed for parents/guardians and youth mentors/supporters. This program is proudly sponsored by the Calgary Police Youth Foundation.
- Any group or organization may request a presentation.
- Once registered, we will contact you to set up a Zoom meeting for the presentation.
REQUEST A PRESENTATION