Fall 2020 School Program Update
We hope that you are having a safe and healthy summer.
We would really love to host you for field trips this school year, however we know it’s not possible at this time because of the Alberta Education COVID-19 guidelines. For this reason, YouthLink Calgary Police Interpretive Centre is postponing field trip registration for our one-day Grade 6 field trips. We miss you and your students and we are very disappointed, but we hope to see you soon in new ways. Team YouthLink is busy working on some new learning and experiential opportunities which we hope will offer you support during this most unusual time in the 2020-2021 school year.
Some of these new experiences include:
- An online learning module for the Evidence and Investigation unit which will cover all your curriculum needs. As we develop this programming, we would appreciate teachers’ feedback and input so we create an interesting learning experience for you and your students. Here is a link to a survey which will help us focus in on exactly what you would like to see: https://youthlinkcgy.survey.fm/teacher-survey-online-learning
- Opportunities to connect live to YouthLink Calgary for learnings from our crime prevention exhibits like cyber safety, healthy relationships, gangs and drugs.
- Opportunities to connect live with police officers to talk forensics, crime prevention, or policing.
We will be in touch by the end of September with more details about our new offerings to teachers.
Thank you for your support and continued interest in our programs. If you have any specific questions please contact the Visitor Engagement and Booking
Coordinator by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 403-428-4530.
Please stay well and we look forward to providing you and your students an amazing online experience this school year!
Executive Director | YouthLink Calgary Police Interpretive Centre
YouthLink Calgary School Programs
Policing & Crime Prevention Education
At our core, is our strong commitment to changing lives through crime prevention education.
Each year, our YouthLink Calgary School Programs educates over 60% of Calgary’s grade six students, empowering them to make safe decisions when faced with crime-related pressures and challenges.
By providing the young people of Calgary with the information they need, when it matters most, we’re helping to keep our community’s children safe for life.
A Focus on Knowledge, Skills and Trust in Police
- Forensic Science that unfolds during a life-like investigation with experiments and optional in-class lesson plans.
- Crime Prevention delivered through high-impact presentations, true stories and exhibits.
- Behind-the-badge experiences that offer a true perspective on the important role police (and citizens) play in community safety.
GET THE INTEL ON OUR CRIME PREVENTION METHODS