Project GEN YYC
REQUEST A PROGRAM FOR YOUR GROUP OR COMMUNITY BY FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW.
About this Program
Aimed at youth new to Calgary or newcomer youth, Project Gen YYC will help provide them with resources to navigate the city and a behind-the-scenes look at the Calgary Police Service. The programs provides a safe space for youth to voice their thoughts and concerns.
Project Gen YYC aims to bring youth together in discussion forums, presentations and hands-on activities led by our trained program facilitators, with special presentations by CPS Units. Through this program, youth will be part of a larger discussion on racism and provided equity and inclusion resources.
This program is in collaboration with the Calgary Police Service.
- Information from CPS about anti-racism efforts
- Discussion on hate crimes
- Special guests to provide information sessions on bylaws, volunteering, job searches, as well as YouthLink’s Safe for Life sessions.
- Immersive experience in the interpretive centre’s exhibits and technology
- Every participant gets an awesome t-shirt, cool swag and more!
For youth 14-18 years of age.
Designed for newcomer youth and second or third generation youth, but all groups are welcome to request a program.
If your adult or school group is interested, we offer a modified presentation on anti-racism and the Calgary Police Service. Please fill out the adult program registration form below.
20 youth participants (larger group sizes can be accommodated with more sessions).
- Groups or organizations may request a program
- Once registered, we will contact you to set up a program date and additional details.